Enrollment for 4K and 5K begins this month. If you know people who have a child that will be entering our 4K or 5K program next year, please help us spread this information. Children must register at the school in the attendance zone in which they reside and must be registered by their parent/legal guardian. Registration hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day.
Parents are encouraged to register kindergarten students during the scheduled dates of January 2 through January 31, 2017. However, students may be registered at the elementary school in their attendance zone during normal school hours any time before the first day of school begins.
A child who is four years old on or before September 1, 2017 may register for four-year-old kindergarten; however, the child must qualify for the program. A child who is five years old on or before September 1, 2017 can register for five-year-old kindergarten.
Click here to complete much of the registration process online through our New Student Gateway!
- A child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2017 to register for four-year-old kindergarten. Each student is screened; only qualified students are accepted into the program.
- A child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2017 to register for five-year-old kindergarten.
To enroll in the School District of Pickens County, all students must reside in Pickens County with their parent or legal guardian. When a student first enrolls, the following three documents are required:
• the student’s state-issued birth certificate – not the hospital keepsake copy;
• the student’s completed South Carolina Certificate of Immunization;
• proof of Pickens County residence (see guidelines below).
Proof of Residence
• A parent or guardian must provide proof of Pickens County residence when a student first enrolls at any school.
• Proof of residence is also required when a student moves from elementary school to middle school and from middle school to high school.
• A principal may require proof to verify the student’s residence at any time.
• Acceptable proof of residence is a current electricity, gas, water or cable/ satellite bill in the parent/guardian’s name.
• The bill must show the service address.
• If a bill in the parent/guardian’s name is not available, an Affidavit of Residence is required. Each school has instructions for completing an affidavit.
Limited school choice is available in the School District of Pickens County.
• Applications must be submitted before the deadline.
• For more information, visit us at www.pickens.k12.sc.us or call us at 864-397-1400.